Growing up with a 100% Italian Momma and a Dad who really didn’t venture into many other cuisines other than American, Italian, Safe Chinese and Mexican- I never had sushi. It wasn’t until I went away to College and actually started dating my husband that I ventured into Sushi and with that WASAAABIIIII. (Yes I will admit, I thought it looked like avocado the first time I saw it- but I was quickly informed otherwise, thank you jesus!) SO with that, here is me venturing into a yummy combo!
- 4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1/3 cup green onions sliced
- First cut off all fat on meat and then get two shallow dishes, crack egg and beat in one and add panko crumbs in other.
- Dip pork in egg and then roll in panko. Then place in oil over medium low heat and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or until completely done (should be golden on outside)
- In a bowl combine ginger, soy sauce, wasabi, chicken broth and then pour over meat and allow to marinate in heated pan for 2 minutes.
- Place on serving platter and sprinkle onions on top of meat, use extra sauce to drizzle or also is yummy to dip steamed veggies in!
Thanks for Zestin’ up your dinner!