Six Must-Have Summer Trends
I am sad to say that it is my last week dishing you the latest and greatest trends on Zest 🙁 I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to inspire you all every Tuesday! As I prepare to graduate this coming Saturday, I am so grateful for Sam and Chanda for making my last quarter of college so memorable. However, graduation is not the only thing looming, but also the Eurotrip I will be embarking on with my sister in t-minus 9 days! So, being girls aka over-packers, my sister and I have pushed graduation talk aside and have been way too concerned about what to pack on our summer adventure!
With that being said, to narrow down my crazy packing list and give you all a head start on planning out your summer wardrobe staples, here is a list of six summer trends that will be hot all summer long!
1. The Sunglasses: This summer staple is not like your ordinary pair of everyday shades. This year, shades of all shapes, colors and designs are in… the crazier the better! Mirrored with colored lenses, Lennon rounds with a twist, or even some hot pink cat eyes… pick your poison! Yes, sunglasses is obviously a must during the blazing months of June, July, and August, but think of this summer as a sunglass challenge. I challenge you to find a pair of sunnies that match your face shape AND your personality!
2.The Lips: This year has encouraged pops of colors in every outfit and home, and with the arrival and spring/summer it has been all about the lips! I encourage you all to give your everyday outfit some bold hits of colors on the lips. This summer it is all about the nudes, light shades of pink, the orange and peaches, and the magentas. Step out of you lip color zone and have some fun!
3. The Slit: Yes, summer is all about being comfy and efforatlessly chic, so what better way to that is in a maxi. But this trend is not alluding to your everyday maxi, this summer is all about that sassy factor… the slit. Give your maxi look some added interest with a sexy slit or two up the leg to show off that summer bod!
4. The Fringe: Let’s take it back to the 70s with some peace, love, fringe. This trend is so much fun because it can be that subtle touch that makes all the difference! Whether going total boho with the brightly colored fringed, suede pouch or pulling off the rocker-chic leather fringe tote to show off your edgy side… you can’t go wrong with size or shape as long as you have some fringe going on!
5. The Leather: Who said leather was only for those winter months? Not the the trend setter of 2014… leather is here to stay year round and I for one could’t be happier. Making your leather pieces casual with a tank or t-shirt and some strappy sandals is very encouraged. You can make both day and night looks seem mysterious, yet effortless. And, no one said all leather pieces had to be black, bring in some fun, colored pieces of leather to your wardrobe to make your edgy outfits more playful.
6. The High Neck: From tanks, to bathing suits, to sundresses… this year is all about the high neck. Summer is now lending it self to an everyday, sophisticated feel. High necks are making a statement and adding interesting angels to every outfit. Who doesn’t want a summer staple that makes them look classy and pulled together?
Below you will find a few of my favorite pieces that represent each of the 6 summer must have trends. I hope you are feeling inspired to do some summer shopping! I know I am ready to start planning my outfits for my overseas adventure!
If you’d like to follow my summer travel, follow me on Instagram @brittanyangelo!
Have an incredible summer zesters!!
Until next time