Seasonal Sunday: Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie
Tonight Billy and I hosted a young married’s Thanksgiving Potluck at our home, I had my first attempt at an awesome butter and white whine Turkey (recipe to come soon!!). Since I knew the oven would be consumed with the turkey and I didn’t have enough time to make a pie in advance….onto the crock pot it was! This is a great recipe if you are a fan of dump cake, very similar indeed 🙂 I snagged this from here.
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 9 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 ounces spiced rum
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Bisquick or Krusteaz, divided up
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, rum, brown sugar, one-third of the Bisquick, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Pour mixture into the slow cooker. Place pats of butter over the mixture and sprinkle with remaining Bisquick.
- Cook on low for six to seven hours or until mixture is thick and crust is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy as much as I did!!