Savouring Saturday: Shrimp Diablo a la Zest
Remember that fabulous event over at Vina Robles, The Taste of Tuscany! Today we get to share a tasty recipe from that menu, our killer Diablo shrimp. How can you go wrong with sun dried tomatoes and a little kick from some red chili flakes. You guys, this is a recipe that you may become addicted to because of how easy it is to make…and how nom-nom it is in your mouth! 🙂 For an extra special treat, we paired it with a zesty arugula and orzo salad with a citrus dressing. I think I could eat like this everyday!
Shrimp Diablo a la Zest
- 2 lbs bag of raw shrimp (21-25 count size is perfect)
- 2 cups of sun dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil
- 1 onion (you can just give it a rough chop because it is destined for the food processor 🙂 )
- 1-3 tsp of chili flakes (depends on your taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Basic ingredients, right? Well, together they make magic! Simply combine the sun dried tomatoes along with the marinating olive oil, onion, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Pulse until you have a beautiful paste. Fill a large zip lock bag with the marinade and add in your shrimp. Let them soak up that loveliness for 30 minutes and then head out to the grill!
- They do not take long to sizzle to perfection. Just look for that gorgeous coral color to appear and then get ready to serve!