Well maybe where you live, it’s cold out and you want a nice warm winter dinner? Or if you are here in So Cal, you are out on a gorgeous hike enjoying the sunshine and wanting to eat healthy and be active? HA! Well whatever your “winter” is looking like I hope you enjoy this tasty meal and all the flavors! This is one of those easy to throw together meals that comes out gorgeous and gourmet-impressive. And think of my recipe as just an inspiration, what else can you stuff in that acorn squash??! 🙂
- 2 acorn halves/de-seeded
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup bell peppers
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 lb sausage
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle acorn squash halves with ½ tablespoon olive oil per squash half. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a large sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sausage and brown. Add the onion, broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro. Stir in the cooked quinoa.
- Scoop the mixture into the roasted acorn squash halves. Top with parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot. YUM!
Chop and de-gut those gorgeous acorn squashes!
Ready to roast?
All chopped and ready for cookin’
Smell that amazingness!