Good evening Zesters!
Hope you are enjoying this holiday weekend. I don’t know about you all, but my Sunday has been very productive! Yesterday, I got to enjoy a beautiful day full of beer tasting and good company, so after all that consumption I made it a point today to be extra active! Waking up a little earlier than usual for a Sunday, I decided to throw on some work out clothes and taking advantage of this beautiful weather! After convincing my roommate to join me on this little adventure, we decided to walk to the grocery store and pick up some ingredients to try a new recipe… Gluten-free almond coconut bars!
These little treats consist of only a few ingredients and are super easy and quick to make!
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of honey (or agave syrup)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips ( optional, but a must for me 🙂 )
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a 6×6 inch pan (or one of similar size) with parchment paper.
- In bowl, mix all the ingredients together forming a delicious gooey mess
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the over and let cool for 20 minutes before serving
The smell of this baking in the oven is irresistible! After removing from the oven and letting it cool, the top layer of the mixture glazed over beautifully. I was too temped by the vanilla bean ice cream resting in our freezer and couldn’t resist putting a little dollop on top! I highly recommend it!
My roommates were very pleased with these little study break treats I baked and I encourage all of you to bust one of these bad boys out! Enjoy 🙂