Ok so today I am puppy sitting…meet precious Little Abby the boxer….
Today was also one of those days where I felt like a mom, yes I know my dog is not human- although I often have to tell myself (and her) that repeatedly. But lets face it, I couldn’t help but think Lucy was having a “puppy play date” with her friend Abby.
So humor me here- I wanted to be the “cool mom” and make something fun for them. (Let me start by admitting that I also wanted to just bake something but with my husband gone on a 72 hour shift there is no way I am staying home alone with baked goods- DANGEROUS. So yes, I will indeed bake for the dogs). Now that we got that cleared up…. here is my baking adventure…
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the sunflower seed butter and hot water. Mix until smooth. Gradually add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water if the dough is too dry, or flour if it’s too wet.
4. Turn dough out onto your work surface and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
Now for the final test- are they tasty?? Well I think I will let the dogs answer that for you….