I know I have mentioned before that I wanted to make one of my New Years resolutions to use my crock pot more- well here we are! This recipe is SO yummy because it has a lot of my favorite ingredients and some Mexican flair. It’s also a great dump and cook recipe for those days when you are on the go! I made this and had leftovers for a few days- it reheats really nicely and is healthier with the quinoa…yum!!
- 1 cup frozen petite white corn
- 1.5 cups uncooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- 1 can Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 can Black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- Avocado/cilantro/lime for topping
That’s a lot of ingredients but it’s SO worth it! Plus it’s SO easy…
Brown your turkey or ground beef (be sure to drain out the grease).
Next prep all your ingredients by chopping…
Time to literally dump it all in the crock pot and stir together…
Cook on high for three hours (or until all the liquid is absorbed).
Top with avocado, lime juice, sour cream, chips- yum!!