One of my favorite things about fall is that it’s apple season! Can you tell with my last posts these past few weeks? haha I Guess thats good right? After all “An Apple A Day….” you get the deal- tee hee. Here is a recipe that will please everyone, seeing as its Gluten Free- hollerrrrr. My girlfriends and I made this the other night for a birthday cake (shout out-happy birthday brookie!!)
Coat apples with sugar…
- 5 cups cored and sliced apples
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown gluten free flour or rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In an 8×8 baking dish combine the sliced apples and sugar. Stir to coat well.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in the margarine, mixture will start to form coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the walnuts or coconut.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit, making sure to coat evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is nice and golden brown.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving- enjoy!!! (with vanilla ice cream is even better)