Zest up the most important meal of the day with some yummy french toast…my friend tera was in town and we were prepping for a big day of christmas shopping- so what a better way to get into the christmas spirit than some eggnog french toast? Now eggnog is not for everyone- with it’s unique taste and thick consistency some peeps count down the days that it arrives on the shelves of grocery stores while others could careless. I can tell you this recipe has a subtle eggnog flavor- so even those who aren’t crazy about the nog still might enjoy!
Ingredients: (makes about 6 to 8 slices)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup eggnog
- 6-8 slice of bread (french bread is best, i tried cracked wheat and it was great too!)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. beat and whisk eggs, then add eggnog and spices all together in bowl. (make sure bowl or dish is somewhat shallow for dunking bread)
2. heat electric skillet to 300 degrees and lightly grease the skillet
3. dip each slice of bread one at a time and make sure it is fully submerged in eggnog mixture, absorbing bread thoroughly (it’s fun to use cookie cutter for bread shape too)
4. place bread on skillet and flip on each side until golden brown. serve warm- cover with foil if needed.
Let’s also talk about these cute xmas plates- got the whole set of 24 (teacup, saucers, salad plates, etc.) from a garage sale for 5.00 after christmas last year- scoreeee. What a great way to Zest up your holiday brunch with this yummy recipe!!