I don’t know about you but on these hot summer days the last thing I want to do is turn the oven on for dinner. I also feel like the past week I have been starting to make dinner SO late and am finally eating by 8pm at night! Bad habit! So here is a solution to keep that oven off and have a dinner that literally will cook itself. Who doesn’t love a delicious roasted chicken? Yum!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Kosher salt & Pepper
- 1 onion
- Carrots/potatoes or any veggies you desire
- First chop onions and place in crock pot with your other raw veggies (potatoes, carrots, celery, etc) .
- Next rub down chicken with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Then place a few lemon slices on and around chicken.
- Place the chicken on top of raw veggies in cooker, then place lid on and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- After chicken is fully cooked, the skin wont be crispy yet so to take care of this I placed in broiler at 525 degrees for about 5 minutes.