With tomorrow being momma’s day- who wouldn’t want a homemade tray of cookies and milk? Get on it chicos!! This is a recipe I kind of just made up as I went by tweaking a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe with something that I LOVE- butterscotch and salted carmel. Yep, seriously dangerous.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature (not melted!)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butterscotch pudding mix, dry
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted carmel (google a favorite recipe like this one)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy or about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pudding mix, flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Stir and then slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips. And for small “bowls” to hold a dollop of salted carmel, then close into a small ball.
- Freeze the balls for 10 to 15 mins so they will be your ultimate gooey cookie when baking.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. By slightly under-baking the cookies, they will remain very soft and chewy. So pull them out slightly under-baked and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!
Whip it, whip it goooooood
form small bowls with the dough to hold the salted carmel
fill your balls with a dollop of salted carmel
Close up your little balls with some dough
Pop them in the freezer…
Then into the oven they go…
Time to enjoy!! Grab your cup of milk….
That’s what we call a HAPPY cookie 🙂
Photos Credit to: Jessica Helton