OK so remember my post awhile back about chocolatey banana bread heaven? You ready for another trip down that lane??? I saw this idea on pinterest- surprise surprise-hah. I couldn’t help but give it a try, it’s a combo of my banana bread chocolate and cake pops- but served more like truffles due to no stick (less assemble and prep time- score!) Billy and his mom could not stop eating these- warning, they are extremely addictive!!!
- 1 loaf banana bread (you can use my recipe here, just don’t add chocolate chips unless you want it to be EXTRA sweet)
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz milk chocolate
- First crumble and mash up your banana bread in a large bowl, then add cream cheese and smash all together.
- next start to take bit size clumps and smash together in hands, then roll a ball. place balls on wax paper on cookie sheet. roll all your balls up! (should make between 40 tot 60 balls depending on size)
- next let sit in fridge- I let sit overnight but if you don’t have that time let sit for about 30 mins
- Melt your chocolate (in a double broiler or in microwave stirring often). Next it the extra messy part, I would suggest using two forks to pick up the balls and dunk in chocolate, then you can allow excess chocolate to drip off. then place back on wax paper.
- let the balls sit and form at room temperature, cooling and forming. you can eat when hardened and refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days.
These truffles would be great as a dessert, brunch, or even a fun gift all wrapped up!